Commissions and ckinfinite NEW home.

This blog is no longer updated. see: http://ckinfinite.tumblr.com/
for anything ckinfintely related, and to contact for commissions.

-Chadd

Sketch card commissions, for any character(s) or any subject.

$15 for pencils. $25 for gray scale. $35 for full color.

Thursday, October 09, 2008

Drawing sketch cards



Looking through some past entries, I realized that I hadn't posted a lot about the sketch cards I did for the Marvel Masterpieces II set. Over the next couple of weeks, I'll post up some examples of cards I finished. Here's X-23.

The first one is, of course, the pencils for it. I didn't really know a lot about this character, until I started looking for reference shots of her, and then discovered that she was a clone of Wolverine, and that she had made her first Marvel appearance ever in the XMen animated series around five years ago.

She was an interesting challenge. Based on who she is, you want her to look tough, but not manly. Sexy, but not swimsuit model sexy. I kept her lean, but placed some muscle in there, and made sure her hair had that flowing quality, to soften her features a bit.

I really like how she turned out, as I'm getting better with using the watercolor pencil for the white highlights, which can really make an image pop with a fgew, subtle lines to show detail.

2 comments:

weasel-king said...

Better late commenting than never--I am now the proud owner of this AP card. I started picking up X-23 stuff and was pleased to have added this great card to my collection!

Chadd Keim said...

Awesome! Always glad to hear when someone picks up a cool card!